We are seeking a detail-oriented, experienced, and organized Design Engineer to join our growing team. In this position, he/she will research and develop new ideas and prototypes to create and build for our company. You will create plans and blueprints, collaborate with key suppliers, and oversee the manufacturing of prototypes and final building. You will also be responsible for improving the performance and efficiency of existing systems and products.
● Proven experience in same or related role is required.
● Should be ready for field visits.
● Knowledge of AutoCad Software and Google Sketchup is a must.
● Knowledge of PVSyst Software is an added advantage.
● Should be flexible to perform project management role.
● A quality mindset and attention to detail.
● Strong knowledge of photovoltaic system design and optimizing system
components for energy production.
● Good working knowledge of standard utility process for interconnection
approval and design requirements.
● Strong communication, presentation, and project management skills.
● Should be qualified in electrical.
● Create plans for solar energy system development, monitoring, and
● Prepare detailed work plans.
● Conduct engineering site visits to collect structural, electrical, and related
site information for use in the design of residential or commercial solar
● Design or coordinate design of photovoltaic (PV) systems , including
system components , for residential and commercial buildings.
● Create electrical single - line diagrams, panel schedules, or connection
diagrams for solar electric systems, using computer - aided design (CAD)
● Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing
changes to achieve solar design objectives.
● Recommend technical design or process changes to improve efficiency,
quality, or performance.
● Develop design specifications and functional requirements for solar energy systems or components.
● Provide technical direction or support to installation teams during
installation, start - up, testing, system commissioning, or performance
● Create models of engineering designs or methods.
● Test or evaluate photovoltaic (PV) cells or modules.